June 2023 Highlights
- The total number of unsold homes decreased by 4.6% compared to last June.
- The number of homes actively for sale increased by 7.1% compared to June 2022, less than half of May’s 21.5% rate.
- The June inventory growth rate is the fourth month in a row for a slowdown in active listings.
- Home sellers were less active, with 25.7% fewer new homes listed for sale than last June.
- The median price of homes for sale decreased by -0.9% annually, the first decline since 2017 in the Realtor.com data trend history.
- Homes spent 44 days on the market, which is 13 days longer than June 2022, but still shorter than before the pandemic.